Tuesday, July 19, 2011

34 weeks


It's hard to believe that I am already 34 weeks pregnant. We had our third and last ultrasound today, to which Memma, Poppa, daddy and "aunt" Lisa went to. Poppa even wore a pink shirt in honor of our little girl.

Our little girl is doing great! She weighs 5 1/2 lbs already and is in the 53%. Our doctor estimates that if she goes full term, she should be born weighing about 8 - 8 1/2 lbs. She also said that she is developing very proportionally.

We learned that if I begin going into labor next week, they would do nothing to stop the birthing process. She also said that in three weeks I would already be considered full term. Which means that even though I am still six weeks away from my due date, our little girl can come as soon as of next week and everything would be perfectly fine!

I am already beginning to have slight contractions, which my doctor was very happy to learn. She said that this is a good indication that I would probably not be induced or have a C-section. Chances that I would not be going past my due date were good ones also because of this.

This is the picture of our little girl's face. We wanted to be able to get a 3D image of her face, but she was a stinker the entire time were were there - her hand was in the way and for some reason this prevented the sonographer from being able to take it. I guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks before we can see the details of our little one's face.

2 comments:

Schmidt Family said...

That's so exciting! Olivia was born late but I didn't have actual contractions until the day before... just some occasional tightening for the months prior. Can't wait to see the little one!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute mama! Well, K was two weeks early...