Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tia Miriam


Tia Miriam (tia = aunt) is the oldest of seven children - my dad's oldest sibling. She spent the first part of her life being her dad's right hand, and later part of her life nursing and caring for the sick. She claims to have nursed and taken care of a total of 10 people. Her two major ones being my grandfather (her dad) for 12 years - who suffered a car accident and became paralyzed, and my father for 14 years - who had Multiple Sclerosis and was also paralyzed for a number of years. She was never married and never had children.

Her favorite thing to do in life is spoil her nieces rotten, myself being one of them. On my last day in Merida she cooked one of my favorite dishes - calabacitas rellenas en labne - a lebanese dish.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I love your Tia Miriam too!! Hope next time I am in Mexico you wil be there too, so we can visit, miss you, xoxo!!!